Central Alabama Electric Cooperative (CAEC) has been providing superior service to our member-owners for over 80 years. If you have an interest in employee development, a passion for customer service, and a desire to have a positive and lasting impact in your community, consider applying for our Customer Service Supervisor position.
CAEC’s Customer Service Supervisor plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of Customer Service workers engaged in ensuring customer satisfaction through problem resolution, transaction processing and coordination with other departments or functions as required. The Customer Service Supervisor should provide effective training, leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to assigned employees to ensure growth opportunities for all Customer Service employees. The Customer Service Supervisor will be a team player, honoring established policies and procedures and constantly seeking to improve processes and performance. The Customer Service Supervisor will have the willingness and ability to change and be flexible as new conditions and opportunities arise. At all times, the Customer Service Supervisor will maintain a professional working relationship and good rapport with fellow employees and CAEC members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously displays a professional attitude when interacting with membership, regardless of the temperament of the member.
- Should, through actions and attitudes toward fellow employees and CAEC members, seek to represent CAEC in a positive manner at all times and foster a cooperative environment within customer service.
- Maintains clear lines of communication, provides clear direction, monitors progress, and follows up to ensure objectives are met and others are kept informed.
- Displays leadership with integrity. Motivates employees to strive for excellence, while encouraging and promoting positive morale.
- Clearly communicates CAEC’s Bylaws, policies, procedures, safety manual, and Strategic Plan to assigned employees.
- Ensures each employee has an understanding of how his/her role affects and contributes to the Strategic Plan.
- Analyzes each communication opportunity to its fullest by weighing out the pros and cons of the subject matter and responding appropriately.
- Engages in leadership development of Senior CSR’s, CSR Specialists, FSRs and CSR’s by providing support and direction to encourage effective decision-making, peer training and peer feedback in matters regarding customer service functions, services, best practices, procedures, methods and techniques, congruent with their knowledge, skill level, and job scope.
- Has a thorough understanding of the Strategic Plan and uses it as a tool to analyze the training and development needs of all Customer Service employees while constantly reviewing their training progression and suggesting training courses to meet their needs.
- Must recognize and carry out consistent feedback, coaching and mentoring opportunities with employees.
- Engages in discussions with employees regarding their professional growth, learning and development opportunities and assists in the development and maintenance of an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) for each employee.
- Fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues (e.g. direction, policy changes, etc.). Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas that lack cohesiveness, bring them to the attention of the Manager of Customer Service, and work in a supportive manner to resolve issues, reinforce standards and achieve synergy.
- Identifies, documents and tracks all disciplinary issues immediately.
- Provides supervision and leadership to all assigned employees, making sure to balance workloads and maximize customer service.
- Provides in-house training as needed.
- Ensures that the necessary service orders, inspection requests, or other documents are prepared, issued, and completed according to established policies and procedures when providing service to the members.
- Resolves escalated customer issues. Responds in a timely manner to consumer inquiries, provides advice and assistance, and makes necessary adjustments or routes to designated personnel.
- Ensures all member services, products, and programs presents a favorable image of CAEC.
- Directs coordination between customer service and other applicable departments during outages to maintain proper staffing levels and provide status updates.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous supervisory experience and additional studies in business, customer service, supervision, communications, or office procedures preferred.
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in customer service or related field is required.
- Must be able to analyze situations, and apply sound judgment decisions in performance of responsibilities.
- Must have leadership ability, with requisite interpersonal skills. Must be skilled in motivation and development of personnel.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize tasks and complete all assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Must maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Maintains working relationship with industry affiliations, local, state, and federal associations, other cooperatives, vendors and consultants, including civic organizations.
- Must be able to interact well with internal and external customers, handling inquiries, solving problems, and composing correspondence. Conveys professional interaction at all times, thereby maintaining positive relations. Displays and encourages team effort for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Must have a working knowledge of software applications pertinent to the Cooperative’s system and/or Microsoft programs.
- Maintains thorough working knowledge of Cooperative Bylaws, policies, procedures, and safety manual.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of first aid applications, CPR, and rescue procedures.
- Must be able to attend periodic seminars, training programs, conferences, civic and professional events.
- This position requires the availability of the employee during bad weather or unusual conditions for all times of any day and night to assist in restoration of service during system outages and emergencies. Will be in rotation as first person called to work during non-business hours.
- Must hold a valid Alabama driver’s license at the level necessary to operate vehicles in the performance of position responsibilities, up to and including a Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
Frequently operates standard office machines requiring touch and vision for close work. Normal activities require sitting and standing. Must be able to operate a personal computer and perform tedious visual and audio tasks for extended periods of time. Work environment is predominately indoor in normal office conditions with the exception of assisting during Annual Meeting and assigned training tasks. Frequently, the person must lift up to 10 pounds.
CAEC offers an excellent salary and benefit package. CAEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Those with interest in the advertised position should submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Central Alabama Electric Cooperative
Customer Service Supervisor Position
103 Jesse Samuel Hunt Blvd
Prattville, AL 36066
Resumes or applications must be postmarked no later than 01/24/2020.
CAEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.