Go from padawan to Jedi with these simple tips!
- Use the Force, not the power: Unplug electronics and appliances when you’re not using them. The dark side may rely on endless power, but the Jedi know the importance of conserving energy.
- Let the sun shine in: Just like the planet Tatooine, many parts of the world have plenty of sunshine. Use natural light to your advantage by opening blinds and curtains during the day to reduce the need for artificial lighting.
- Join the rebellion: Fight against the energy waste empire by using LED lights. They use up to 75 percent less energy and last 25 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Control the galaxy: Just like how Jedi use the Force to control objects, you can use a programmable thermostat to control your home’s temperature. Set it to turn off the AC or heating when you’re not home and save energy.
- Mind your manners: Turn off lights and electronics when you leave a room. As Master Yoda once said, “Do or do not, there is no try.”
- Embrace the dark side: When you’re not using your computer, turn off the monitor or put it in sleep mode. The dark side may be powerful, but it’s also energy efficient.
- Upgrade your ship: Just like how the Millennium Falcon was upgraded, consider upgrading your appliances to energy-efficient models. They may cost more upfront, but they’ll save you money in the long run.
May the energy efficiency force be with you!