Central Alabama Electric Cooperative (CAEC) is seeking a dedicated professional with experience in warehouse, vehicle, materials, and facilities management and maintenance to join our team of dedicated employees. If you are interested in joining a team committed to adding value to the lives of our members and the communities we serve, consider applying for our Manager of Plant and Facilities position today.
The Manager of Plant and Facilities oversees, coordinates and directs warehouse and vehicle maintenance teams as well as coordinates with plant and facility contractors for the uniform, efficient, timely and cost-effective purchase and control of materials and supplies related to fleet maintenance and care of facilities, while promoting and adhering to all established safety procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads warehouse and vehicle maintenance personnel in a positive, efficient manner, assigning projects in a manner that ensures completeness, timeliness, and high quality of all work-related tasks.
- Establishes and maintains computer database for appropriate inventory and control of materials and supplies utilized in the construction and maintenance of system lines, plant maintenance and vehicle maintenance.
- Purchases and maintains acceptable levels of materials and supplies through consistent monitoring of inventory data and review of issue history.
- Remains knowledgeable of market and product developments and solicits quotations from available suppliers on an ongoing basis to assure consistent cost effectiveness of each item purchased.
- Establishes appropriate timetables for ordering of merchandise in relation to required market lead times; follows up and expedites back-orders.
- Oversees the maintenance of facilities and the purchasing and maintenance of fleet vehicles.
- Ensures accuracy of purchase orders, receiving tickets, and invoices and takes responsibility for timely payment processing.
- Oversees and ensures compliance with established contracts in relation to janitorial, lawn maintenance, landscaping, and all other building maintenance contractors at all facilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration is preferred. Supervisory experience is required, with utility experience preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience involving material handling, purchasing, and fleet handling required.
- Must acquire a sound working knowledge of RUS specifications and reporting requirements.
- Must possess skills and knowledge necessary to coordinate the materials, facilities, and fleet management in an effective and timely manner.
- Must possess skills and knowledge necessary to coordinate and oversee plant and vehicle maintenance.
- Must have a working knowledge of reading and interpreting plans as they relate to facilities.
- Must have an understanding and a working knowledge of vehicle specifications and the procurement process.
- Must be able to interact well with internal and external customers, handling inquiries and solving problems. Conveys professional interaction at all times, thereby maintaining positive relations. Displays and encourages team effort for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Maintains working relationship with industry affiliations, local, state, and federal associations, other cooperatives, vendors, and consultants, including civic organizations.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize tasks and complete all assignments accurately and with attention to detail. Must maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Must have a working knowledge of software applications pertinent to the Cooperative’s system and/or Microsoft programs.
- Maintains thorough working knowledge of Cooperative Bylaws, policies, procedures, and safety manual.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of first aid applications, CPR, and rescue procedures.
- Must be able to attend periodic seminars, training programs, conferences, civic and professional events.
- This position requires the availability of the employee during bad weather or unusual conditions for all times of any day and night to assist in restoration of service during system outages and emergencies. May be in rotation as first person called to work during non-business hours.
- Must hold a valid Alabama driver’s license at the level necessary to operate vehicles in the performance of position responsibilities, up to and including a Class A Commercial Driver’s License and forklift certification.
Frequently operates standard office machines requiring touch and vision for close work, in addition to forklift and motor vehicle. Normal activities require sitting and standing. Occasional climbing on ladders to a height of 20 feet. Equipment carried while on a ladder added the weight of the employee shall not exceed the weight limitations set forth by the ladder manufacture. Work environment is predominately indoor in normal office conditions except for assisting during Annual Meeting and assigned training tasks but may be outdoor as determined by situation. Frequently, the person must lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally may lift up to 50 pounds.
CAEC offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Those with interest may submit their cover letter and resume to:
Central Alabama Electric Cooperative
Manager of Plant and Facilities Position
103 Jesse Samuel Hunt Blvd
Prattville, AL 36066
Resumes or applications must be postmarked no later than 03/05/2021.
CAEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.