With the ever evolving COVID-19 situation, CAEC is keeping the health and well-being of our members and employees our top priority. Below are some important updates.
- For the continued safety of our members and employees, effective 3/20/20 all CAEC lobbies are closed. This includes our Clanton, Prattville, Rockford and Wetumpka offices. Members are asked to utilize the drive-thru, kiosk or night drop at these locations, any of our electronic payment/account options or contact us by phone at 1-800-545-5735.
- We are sensitive to the struggles that many people in our area have faced due to COVID-19. Because of this, we stopped disconnecting anyone or charging late fees beginning March 17. However, as of August 12, we have restarted account disconnections (without adding back late or disconnect fees), and have continued to work with and assist our members by offering payment plans. Additionally, we have also offered to put those in need of assistance in touch with agencies that can assist with paying past due amounts due to financial hardships brought on by COVID-19 (through Community Action Agencies)
- Sadly, criminals will always play off the fear of others, and right now is no exception. As a reminder, CAEC will never call soliciting payment or threatening disconnection and demanding payment. If you receive such a call, hang up and call us at 1-800-545-5735.
- Our online options and information about our app and text account services can be found here.
- At home and using more energy? Follow these efficiency tips to help reduce your power consumption.
- Take advantage of our Usage Monitoring app to help keep track of your daily energy use. Watch the video to see how you can get started.
We are all working in the best interests of our members and employees, and will keep you updated with the latest information as this situation evolves.